To compete successfully in internet marketing, only having an optimized site is not enough. You must also consider the other factors while designing your website. These factors include:
- Modern website Design
- Content on the website
- Social media
Not only the SEO market has changed with on page and off page considerations but also the way in which consumer views the content has also changed.
Gone are those days when the web developer or the web designer designs and develops the websites, webmasters or SEO professionals optimizes the website and then users look the site and then the business owner reviews the site. Now it is a time to adopt a 5 pillar approach which needs the following team:
- Technical team
- Search team
- Social team
- Design team
- Usability team
All these teams work together to achieve their business objectives. A 5 pillar approach involves the following essential elements:
You would be surprised to see that how many websites have been caught because of its bad and too complex design. There is a need to maintain a balance between optimization and simple & clean design. A business owner can achieve the success, if he creates a websites which is clear, simple, easy to navigate but is modern in looks and can easily be maintained by SEO. Here are some of the tips which will help you to achieve the above:
- Make sure your website should reflect what exactly your users want.
- Make easy navigation on your website
- Be sure to create a modern design
- Make use of Font.com and Fontdeck to insert modernity
Your website must be easy to use for the user. In other words, if you want to grab the attention of the user on your website, then it is essential to create a simple and a clear website. Here are some of the tips which will help you to grab the attention of the user:
- Ensure that you have clear headlines to capture the attention of the user.
- Ensure that the loading time of your website is rapid
- Make sure whatever fonts you use are easily readable
- Keep simple navigation
- Ensure correct spacing and margins on every page.
Since there is a strong relationship between SEO and website design, it is necessary to create a SEO friendly website. Here are some of the tips which would help you to create a SEO friendly website:
- Build friendly URL’s so that search engines come to know what the page is about.
- Avoid flash menus as the search engines struggles a lot to read the content embedded in it.
- Write descriptive and relevant post titles.
- Build XML site maps to ensure that search engines crawls your site properly.
- Write the description of the image in ALT attribute as the search engines cannot crawl the images.
- Avoid the use of lot of H1 tags as they may look nice to you but not to search engines.
- Ensure that you optimize your website for mobile or smart phones search.
Content is connected to the design process. It is important to focus on content as the design revolves around content. Here are some of the tips which you must follow while writing the content for your website:
- Create relevant, concise and clear content.
- It should be easily understandable to the user.
- Organize your content and break it according to the different aspects.
It is important to integrate your website design as people use to look for the content on different devices like desktop, smart phones, tablets. For this it is essential to create a responsive web design. Responsive web design is becoming popular day by day. It is such a design which involves one design and that particular design is compatible to all the devices.
Sabrina is an SEO Executive doing SEO Work with SEO RANK SMART from last 3 years, It is India based SEO Company provide good SEO Services to its clients.