How long can you go without food or water? How do you feel when you go for long without food or water? Is it a good feeling? Your body needs food and water to survive. Additionally, you get energy from food and water. Their scarcity can be indeed dreadful since it can cause dehydration and affect your health as well. Eventually, it will become a life-threatening menace. Correspondingly, an essay requires an outline just as much as the body needs food and water. Writing an essay without an outline can bring about many mistakes hence it will, in the end, get to affect your overall performance in college. For instance, you may easily write an article which does not correspond to the given topic, or you can provide information which is irrelevant or does not relate to the topic.
Essay writing, being a necessary task in college, poses a challenge to many students. Some students do not know how to go about some essays because they do not understand what is expected of them. Additionally, some seek assistance from custom essay writing companies hence they forward their papers without knowing what made it difficult for them to write their essays in the first place. However, some learn how to write their essays through reading pre-written articles offered to them by these essay writing companies. Additionally, they practice essay writing continuously which enables them to perfect the art and hence write perfect essays. Essay writing necessitates that you are proficiently equipped with the adept essay writing skills. This will progressively help you grow and develop as a writer. Before writing your paper, you need to draft an outline. The essence of an outline in essay writing is it helps simplify the writing process. Moreover, it enables your paper to have a smooth and systematic flow. However, you first need to know what an outline is. An outline is a rough draft of what your article ought to be like. To write an outline for your article, consider the following essay writing tips from Essay Zoo:
- Divide your essay into three parts. An essay has three parts: the introduction, the body and the conclusion. It also has a thesis statement which is usually found in the introductory paragraph. This will helps you know what to include in the introduction as well as the body.
- Develop a topic. The essence of developing a topic in essay writing is that it helps to simplify the brainstorming process. You can pick a broad topic and choose to work with it. Having an outline will help you narrow it down to a specific argument hence it will make your research much easier. For instance, you can choose a topic on technology such as ‘The influence of modern technology on the society.’ Once you have a topic, the outline will be simpler for you to write.
- Determine the goal of your writing. Determining the purpose of your article helps you understand and know what type of paper to write. Essay writing seeks to serve different objectives. You can write an essay which enlightens or informs your audience of something new, persuades them or call them to action.
- Conduct ample research. Research is fundamental when you are writing an essay. It helps you to gather as much information as possible as well as gain more knowledge. However, you need to conduct research based on your topic. This will help you focus on what is required of your article. For instance, based on the above topic, you can research the advantages and disadvantages of modern technology in the society. Write subtopics to help make your research more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Use a mind map. A mind map is essential in essay writing as it helps you to organize the information you have gathered from your research. With the help of a mind map, you can also avoid the temptation of including irrelevant information in your paper. A mind map also helps narrow down your research to a simple and easy to understand format.
- Write a strong introduction. The introduction is fundamental in essay writing. It is the paragraph which introduces the audience to your paper. When writing your essay, you need to ensure that your audience will like it and develop an interest in it. To achieve this, incorporate a hook for your introduction. It will help capture the attention of your audience and make them interested in reading your article more.
- Develop a thesis statement. The vitality of a thesis statement in essay writing is that it holds or supports the argument in the topic. A thesis statement also helps you develop strong body paragraphs for your paper.
- Provide essay body information. The body is significant in essay writing in various ways. First and foremost, it is the main content of your essay. This is where you state the reasons why you support your thesis statement. Secondly, it is in the body where your audience gets to easily comprehend more about the topic since you present your claims and assertions as well as provide evidence to support them. When writing the body of your essay, put the following tips into consideration:
- Begin each body paragraph with a topic sentence. This will help your audience to easily note and understand that you are talking about different things. Additionally, it will help them get the reasons for your various assertions.
- Use transition words and sentences. Transition sentences help you to convey the information in your paper clearly and concisely. Their essence is that they help connect your sentences and paragraphs. Moreover, they help your reader(s) note or see the relationship between your thoughts and ideas.
- Make a conclusion. The conclusion of an essay is important as it shows your audience that your article has come to an end. However, when concluding your article, it is essential you finish it with a statement which either enlightens or informs them of something new, calls them to action or persuades them.
In conclusion, writing an essay is not that hard. It only necessitates that you are well equipped with the effective essay writing skills. However, before writing your article, you first have to understand the topic. This will help you know what is required of your paper. Secondly, you need to draft an outline for your article. An outline will act as a guiding tool in writing your paper. The tips stated above come in handy in guiding you on how to write an essay outline.